Medicare Advantage plans are new health care options that are part of the Medicare program. Coverage may include Medicare Part D prescription drug coverage as well as hospital, doctor, skilled nursing, and other medical services. Premiums are often low and $0 premium plans are available in many areas
Medicare Advantage Plans
Consider these facts in deciding if a Medicare Advantage Plan for hospital and medical coverage is right for you:
- Medicare Advantage Plans may cover costs & services not covered by Original Medicare.
- Medicare Advantage Plans may have lower deductibles & co-payments than Original Medicare.
- Medicare Advantage Plans often have low premiums — plans with monthly premiums as low as $0 may be available in your area.
- No health questions asked. All Medicare beneficiaries, including people on Medicare due to a disability, are guaranteed acceptance regardless of health conditions (except End Stage Renal Disease).
- You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premiums.